Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back on the Ship, Day 1

Came back from work today to find this in my inbox:

Congratulations Marek,

Your play, BEAR-LY LEGAL: A LOVE STORY, has been selected to be part of the Future Ten play festival! This year we received more than 550 submissions, nearly triple what we have ever received for past festivals!

The 8 final plays this year are:

* 'The Chair' by James Ferguson
* 'The Interview' by Andrew Clarke
* 'Bath Time is Fun Time' by Arthur Jolly
* 'Bear-ly Legal: A Love Story' by Marek Muller
* 'The Department of Famous Last Words' by Jeffrey Wolf
* 'Bury My Heart on Diabolical Kung-Fu Island' by Joe Lyons
* 'The Telephone' by Roger Mortimer-Smith
* 'There She Goes' by Gayle Pazerski

These eight plays are currently in the hands of our four directors, who are reading them and deciding which they would like to direct. Once they have made their selections, and we make the final assignments, we will put you in touch with them so you can discuss your show in detail.

Auditions are scheduled for September 17 at the Future Tennant Art Space in Pittsburgh from 10am to 1pm, and you are welcome to attend if you are in town and wish to come. The performances are on Nov 3-5 and 10-12 at 8pm. As a playwright you are entitled to two comp tickets (airfare and hotel not included).

Good God am I happy right now. Daniel Michael Muller, you live in Pittsburgh, and I have free tickets. You are now obligated to see my show.

And incidentally, why is the concept of bears on crack the thing that is getting me a cult following?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Stephie, of course I'll see your show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because bears on crack is freaking AWESOME. Congratulationz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's our famous writer! Congratulations, Steph. Love Mom and Dad
    Dad says, "I cannot BEAR the excitement. I think you've CRACKED into the stratosphere of fame-- but only BEARLY."

    ReplyDelete