Friday, September 2, 2011

Morocco Tomorrow!

Fairly uneventful day today, if only because nothing on the boat seems exciting when you know you're going to be in Morocco in 24 hours.

I got a 9/10 on my first SAS paper today (paper being a loose term. More like two analytical paragraphs comparable to what a 10th grader should be able to do), which was the highest grade in the class. I think I deserved better, but hey, I'm an arrogant asshole, so what can you do? But I already have people lining up asking me to help them. God, I miss being a Writing Fellow.

The MV Explorer is a place where my creativity comes to die. I want to write/act/sing or do SOMETHING artsy...but it's tough when opportunities aren't shoved in my face like in Iowa. Guess I'll have to try a little harder. Time to get "I-Have-No-Shame-on-a-Boat Theatre" started.

I did "Insanity" for the second time today. JesusChristAllahAdonai do my legs hurt. In retrospect, perhaps it wasn't the best move to tear my body apart again right before walking around Marrakesh, Fes, Volubilis, and Casablanca for four days straight. I hope I remembered to pack the Advil.

We'll arrive in Morocco promptly at 8am.

1 comment:

  1. Do you help rich boy with his papers? You could definitely get a good chunk of change out of charging him. Especially if you happen to be wearing your Ren Fair costume at the time.

    ReplyDelete