Friday, September 23, 2011

South Africa: Day 1

South Africa is beautiful, but daaaaaaamn is it cold. Like, seriously...no one informed me about this. I did not pack for the cold. Africa, why aren't you behaving like Africa right now? Get it together.
 
The field trip today was so dumb that it doesn't even merit an explanation. It was a sorry excuse of a program that didn't even include food from the ship. I was running on one apple from 9:00am when we finally got out of that stupid bus at 7:00pm. Needless to say, I will be asking for--nay, DEMANDING--a refund. $90? Puh-lease. I know my rights.
 
We went to Mitchell's, a pub, at around 8:00. My day got considerably better as I received a hot plate of Cape Malay Curry, sweet potato fries, a glass of white wine, and a shot of an "African Toilet"--otherwise known as alcohol mixed with chocolate syrup and banana puree.
 
So, my first day in South Africa was not great. I'd rate it at around the level of my first day in Morocco, but less scary. Nonetheless, I'm on a plane to Kruger National Park tomorrow to begin my three day SAFARI!!!
 
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment